Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The oldest person I know

 If I had to describe the oldest person that I know, I would have to say that it is my Great Aunt Ruby. She is around her eighties, but she looks around her sixties. She is very healthy and I wouldn’t be surprised if she lived to be one hundred years old. She currently lives with her husband and her children visit her all of the time.
My Great Aunt Ruby is from my maternal side, which means she is on my mother’s side of the family.  She was my grandfather’s sister and in their family I think she was the sixth child out of the nine siblings she had, while my grandfather was the last. So, my Great Aunt Ruby is my grandfather’s older sister.  She is one out of the four remaining siblings, in which my grandfather is not included.
Great Aunt is very loving towards my mom. This is mostly because my mom spent most of her childhood life over someone else’s house and she would often be over hers playing with her cousins. Because of this, my mom always calls Great Aunt Ruby, Auntie and I sometimes will too.  Auntie was and still is a loving mother and Aunt. And even though, she didn’t finish perusing her career in nursing, she still makes a little money making her own jewelry.

1 comment:

  1. "If I had to describe the oldest person that I know, I would have to say that it is my Great Aunt Ruby."
    Try not to have that, just state my "Great Aunt Ruby" then explain. That begining part didnt sound, well, it was unnecessary.
    "looks around her sixties"
    Rephrase to, "she looks like she's in her sixties"
    "over someone else’s house and she would often be over hers playing with her cousins." You have an ambiguous statement. Who is "her" refering to or what?

    ReplyDelete