Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Journey on a Pirate Ship

We were having a blast. I had invited my friends Dinah and Teresa over for a sleep over and it was well over 11 o’clock P.M.   We had just polished off our cherry and pineapple Popsicles and the last bag of Doritos that was now in a cluster near our empty soda cans. Dinah was showing us her favorite online manga site when a pop up came up. It was not like any regular pop up because this one didn’t even look like a pop up. It looked more like an advertisement to join something. Being the only one who found it interesting, I pointed it out to my friends.
“Look at this thing, its cool.” I said while reading it.
“What are you talking about? It is only about some pirate show thingy that is probably a scam.” Teresa said not looking twice at the sidebar.
“Yeah!” Dinah agreed not taking her eyes off of the center of the screen.
I wasn’t so easily convinced about the scam thing. For some reason I believed that something was different with it. So I stole the mouse from Teresa and clicked on the sidebar. Instantly some instructions came up on the screen.
“Hey, why you do that!?” my friends shouted at the same time.
“It’s my computer, anyways look at the screen there is some instructions and I think that we should follow them.” I said as I grabbed a notebook and pen from my backpack that was safely hidden under my bed.
“Leann! Are you crazy?” Teresa yelled.
“It could be a creeper or a kidnapper or a murderer.” Dinah said as she went over to her overnight bag to put on some socks.
“Let me write down these instructions, I’m bored and it is my sleepover, so I want an adventure and that is just what this is going to give us.” I smiled as they read the screen. On it said “Adventurers Wanted” in big bold print.
“I guess this could work, I mean I do kind of have a feeling that this would be fun.” Dinah said after she gave it some thought. I smiled at her and turned towards Teresa to find her pen in hand writing down the instructions. At this I started giggling. I just loved my friends.
When Teresa was done she turned towards Dinah and I. We were fully dressed in jackets, jeans, shirts, boots, and caps. According to the first instruction we were to get dressed and wait till it was 12 o’clock midnight to leave the house. It was 11:54 P.M. now. Luckily my parents were sleep by now even though they were supposed to supervise us. Teresa was now hurrying throwing on her jacket, shirt, jeans, and a borrowed pair of boots from me.
“Ok, what does the instructions say exactly because I honestly only saw the first line.” I said as we were standing on my front porch. It was cold and our little jackets couldn’t muster enough heat for our little bodies. It was a good thing we all wore our hair down to warm our necks, because someone forgot to add that it was cold outside so dress warm. Also, we brought some food and water in a bag and emergency stuff just in case something went wrong.
“Umm, it says next we are to wait until we see a flash of red, then turn left towards the pier area. Then we are to run around the blue post three times all the while saying “We are here for you.” By this time we should be halfway up the pier, so we are to scream at the top of are lungs. We then find a stick from a bush and blindly walk straight while counting to twenty. And then it says we shall open our eyes to see…” Teresa said with a chuckle.
“Sounds crazy and stupid, but this could be fun.” Dinah said as she stared across the street. Before anyone had the chance to speak, we all saw this red flash. It was so quick that we almost didn’t even see it.
“The flash!” I yelled as I started running left towards the pier.
“Wait!” Dinah yelled as she sprinted after me.
“Stop running so fast!” Teresa yelled after us. She wasn’t on to run, but since we were running she had to too because she then started running after us.
We all came to the blue post and smiled at each other. Dinah and I were a little out of breath, but surprisingly so was Teresa. We chanted “We are here for you” running around the post three times. We were halfway at the pier and I looked at Teresa.
“Now we scream?” I asked and she gave a nod. We screamed to the top of our lungs and start laughing. We sounded like a bunch of crazed teenage girls, but that is what we were. We were on to the next instruction. Our eyes were closed and we each had a stick in our hands. If anyone was watching us they would think we were retarded. We had counted to twenty and opened our eyes.
In front of us was a big pirate ship. It looked just like the ones from “The Pirates of the Caribbean Movie.” It was amazing. I was sure that our mouths were hanging open like fish. At this thought I closed my mouth and looked at Dinah and Teresa. They were shocked indeed with their mouths hanging open. I focused my gaze back to the ship when I noticed that two people were getting off the ship. One looked old and I assumed he was the captain because of the way he walked and the other was a lady who looked around her late twenties who seemed to be his wife. The man had an eye patch and a peg foot he even had the customary pirate hat and parrot
They walked up to us and bowed in front of me. I looked around and saw that everyone else, except for Dinah and Teresa, were in a bowing stance. The captain then looked up into my eyes and spoke.
“Ahoy, there Leann, Dinah, And Teresa the oh so “Chosen Ones.” You have all accepted our challenge and therefore I must serve you all on your adventures. Follow me now to the deck.
We were then ushered on to the deck of the boat. All around there were crew members. Some were dirty, the others decent. The big cream colored sails were out at once and in a second we were out in the sea. I turned my head to talk to Dinah and Teresa, to find them still in shock. I pinched their cheeks.
“Ow!” They both said at the same time. They then turned back to me. “Is this a dream?”
“No, because if it was I wouldn’t be able to smell the wet wood.” I said matter-of-fact as I sniffed the wooden pole that held the highest sail.
                                                                         ~
“Wow” we all said as we saw the captain turn the wheel.  It was now 5:00 a.m. according to my watch and we had just been awakened by the captain’s wife. Before we went to sleep that night we went in battle with another pirate ship and even captured some prisoners. It seemed to take forever, but it only took thirty minutes. We then were able to dock to find treasure on an island. The best thing about it was that we got to be able to open the treasure chest and give directions to everyone.
The captain was now by our sides. “Wow that was amazing last night! I never had so much excitement before or a feeling of being victorious.” I said as Dinah and Teresa nodded their heads with agreement.
“Well you haven’t seen anything yet.” He said with a smile that showed his gold teeth. He pointed out the ocean. We could see thousands of pirate ships everywhere. “Wherever you guys want to go they will take you there.”
We all looked at each other and laughed heartily. This might take awhile, but who are we kidding. We are the “Chosen Ones” and we have all the time (and places) in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment