Friday, September 10, 2010

Describe ... when you were brave

  There are not a lot of times that I have been brave in my life, but there is one brave act that I stuck out more than the others. This was the time when I was going to the Police Explorer Academy on this one particular Saturday. Now I went to this Academy on previous days I was always so scared that I would feel a little faint before we had to be in our platoon at attention. This Saturday was no different in the morning, since I was scared, but this particular Saturday I felt sick for real. Later on I figured out that I had the flu.

  We were all standing at attention and we had our inspection time for maybe about thirty minutes. After that we split up into two big groups and one D.I. came around to us to teach us how to march. It was going okay before I started to feel really faint and they told me to sit out because I had that deer in the headlights look on my face. Eventually I went back with the others and went on with the day through our lectures and 3 minutes.

  It came time for us to do P.T. and I was dreading it. We were to jump a six foot walk, walk a balance beam, do bleachers, do 20 sit-ups, 10 push ups, something similar to tires and then we sprint to the finish and all of this around three minutes. It wasn’t the fact that I had to do this optical course, but the fact that I was feeling sick again. I could’ve told a D.I. I wasn’t up to the health, but I didn’t.

  I did the optical course and made it without fainting or anything. It might have took me a little more time than I usually did to do it, but that was sort of expected. I found out that if I told myself I could do it, and then I could. I had to be brave enough to hold it through the optical course and put my body through all of that.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leshai why is your print so small?!?!Had me straining my dang eyes girl. But anyway very nice story. Although, I do have to say that it was dangerous for you to go through with the optical course when you didn't feel well, you could have really gotten yourself into some serious medical health issues.
    Btw your fish scare me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fixed it! Now there would be no straining of the eyes

    ReplyDelete