Saturday, September 11, 2010

Imagine you woke up and saw a dinosaur in your backyard...

It was Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and I just woke up from my lovely sleep when I heard this weird noise. It was like a screech/cry and it was low. Everyone in my house was gone. My oldest sister was out with her boyfriend. My older sister was at her college class. My mom was at work. My dad was up in Bakersfield visiting my grandmother with my younger brother and sister. So I had the house to myself and that meant I had to find out what that noise was.

I was about to ignore the sound and go back to sleep, when I heard that weird noise again. Being me, I was curious, so I got out of bed and threw on some jeans, a t-shirt, and some shoes. Not caring about my hair, I searched my house high and low for something that would make that noise all the while listening for that noise, but I didn’t find anything unusual.

Disappointed, I went to the back room and sat in front of my computer. I started it up and was checking my email when I heard that weird noise again. It was louder than the others and this time I heard a tree or something crash with a loud boom. I jumped and looked towards the backyard. It was coming from the backyard!

I ran to the back window that overlooked the backyard and what I saw shocked me. It was a huge pterodactyl near my plum tree that was no longer implanted in the soil. A freaking huge pterodactyl was in my backyard. Still shocked, I stared outside with my mouth slightly ajar. This couldn’t be happening! Dinosaurs were extinct, so this must be a fake right?

Determined to find the truth, I went to my patio to get a better look at the thing. This way it wouldn’t notice me outside and decide to make me its next meal. I hid behind the unplugged dryer and peeked through the fence thing separating me from the pterodactyl. The pterodactyl took up at least half of the grass area in my backyard. It had eyes black and lifeless like a shark’s and brown leathery looking skin. Its wings were huge even though they weren’t spread out, so that was something to look at.

I was about to go and get a camera to take a picture when I saw something close to the pterodactyl. They were as big as a small bowling ball, cream colored and there were about three of them. They kind of looked like eggs. Wait a minute! Eggs! This was a girl pterodactyl and she just laid her babies right in the middle of my backyard. I was frozen at my epiphany.

All this time, the pterodactyl was moving its head back and forth like it was taking in its surroundings. This dinosaur must not know that it is in the wrong era and in the wrong habitat. Knowing this I realized that I had to tell the police or the CIA or maybe even the firefighters. Man, why did everyone have to be gone when a freaking pterodactyl was in my backyard! Wait, oh my gosh! My cat is out there. Just when I thought that, I saw Mandy cowering under the plum tree. He was stuck under the weight of the tree! Man, I extremely really need to call those people.

I backed away as slowly as possible and then ran into my house. I didn’t really care that there it might have saw me. As long as her attention wasn’t on Mandy, I was fine. I ran to the closet phone which was way in the living room at the front of the house because the other closet phone was in my parent locked room. I dialed 911 and waited impatiently as the phone rang for about four times, then someone picked up.

“Hello, you have reached Hillsville police station.” A lady answered on the phone. I then launched into my story as fast as possible.

“OMG, OMG, OMG! Excuse me for being freaked out but there is a huge pterodactyl in my backyard. I don’t know what to do. I am all alone. I want my mommy. Please help me, my cat is out there and he can be eaten. I don’t want my cat to die I love him so much. Please help me.” I said in such a hurry that I doubt that the lady understood anything I said.

“Wait a minute and slow down. Did you just say that there was a pterodactyl in your backyard?” the lady responded with a bored tone.

“Yes, as in a dinosaur.” I said in a tight voice as I was close to tears.

“Okay honey; let me tell you this once and only once. There are no such things as dinosaurs. They are extinct and that means you are delusional. Now, if you call again I’m going to have to charge you for a false call, but I’ll be nice and let this slide. Now go on with your day and have a pleasant one.” She said as she hung up on me.

I can’t believe that that lady just basically told me I was a liar. I mean she didn’t even let me explain what happened. That was so rude. Now, no one is going to listen or believe me because no one believes in dinosaurs in my family. Oh wait, I have a camera.

I ran into my room and searched high and low for my cell phone. I found it under my sheets and turned it on. Once it was on I was about to go to the picture file when I noticed that I had no minutes. Ah man! That means I can’t send it to anyone. It is bad enough that I don’t have an usb cable to hook up to my computer. I screamed out loud into my pillow. So that means I’m doomed. I plopped down on my unmade bed and put my head between my knees. Then I heard a cat cry out in pain and that weird noise again. I jumped up. It’s found Mandy.

I ran towards the patio and went out the door. The pterodactyl had Mandy in her mouth and her head was now turned in my direction. She dropped a now dead Mandy on the backyard ground. She gave a loud screech and opened her wings. She was about to attack me when…

“Cut!” the director, Robert, screamed at me and the crew.

He came up to me and said “Come on now darling, you can’t have a bored face when the pterodactyl is supposed to be about to attack you, now can you.” Robert said as he led me to the snack table. At that very moment my stomach rumbled.

“Can I eat now, I haven’t eaten since I came to the set and that was five hours ago?” I asked as I stared at the delicious doughnuts.

“Fine, but remember when you get attacked make sure you remember to grab the metal pole behind you. I really don’t like you having to do this scene over and over, but we have to make it perfect.” With that Robert left me to eat and I thought about how long this was going to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment