Friday, October 15, 2010

Non-fiction Creative Writing: Swimming

Swimming is a sport that many people can do. It requires a large or small body of water for you to swim in. I, for a fact, cannot swim, but I like to pretend that I can. I like to pretend that I can swim because it makes me feel better about the fact that I cannot swim.

There are a lot of times that I have gone swimming. Half of these times, I went swimming in my backyard blow up pool or in my grandmother's pool. The other half were the times that I had spent in the communities pool, like at Jesse Owens park, Centinela park, and hotel pools. When I went swimming, I usually went with my family, particularly my sisters, but other times, I went to pools with my friends.

There is one particular time that I remember going swimming. I had went with my friends, we were having a blast, and I was at Jesse Owens park. We were in the inside pool splashing each other and I attempted to run through the water because my other friend was trying to duck me. I really was trying to prevent myself from going underwater, because I knew later I would have to deal with about five heads of hair, but eventually I did and regretted it later. Nothing really exciting happened in the pool, but outside is where things were different. I had an ice cream and some Cheetos puff corn for the first time and it was really good, but while I was eating it I received a text message. The text was from my friend and she informed me that Michael Jackson had died.

Now you know how my swimming experience was. Every time I go to the swimming pool now, I think about Michael Jackson and how I went swimming on his death day. Knowing that, it makes me reconsider if I really want to go swimming again.

No comments:

Post a Comment