Sunday, October 3, 2010

An Afternoon With My Granny

If I could spend an afternoon with one member of my extended family, it would be my granny. My granny is on my paternal side and she is my only grandparent I have left in my family. My maternal granny died when my mother was only two years old, so my paternal granny is the only grandmother I ever known.


I would spend time with my granny, because I simply do not have the time to spend with my granny.  She lives two hours away from me and I simply cannot make the trip up there every weekend because gas cost too much. Since she is my only grandparent left, I think that it is necessary to spend time with her. I simply do not know when one day she might pass away and I would always remember that I did not spend time with her.

For our afternoon together, we would first go out to the mall. We would walk around and go into the stores and check them out. We then would have a nice little lunch in the food court where we could talk about anything. After our little lunch, we could go to the movies. I would let my granny choose what she wants to watch and then we would go to her house.

No comments:

Post a Comment