Thursday, November 11, 2010

Weather and Your Mood

What is the first thing you do when you feel the sun shining outside? Do you decide that since it is summer, you want to throw a swimming pool party and barbeque some ribs or something? Or do you go out with your friends to hang out because you feel happy? Believe it or not, the weather affects your mood in many ways and can cause you to do certain things. I know this from firsthand experience and you probably have too, but you just have not noticed it.

I remember one day it was very very cold and I was on my way to school. By the time that I had got there, my hands felt frozen, but not to the point that I would get frost-bite. They were so cold that when I got to my first class of the day, I had to take about thirty minutes for my hand to feel alright enough when I wrote notes with my pencil and it was pretty irritating. The rest of the day was so cold that when I got home it had began to rain and I just sat down on my bed with a big blanket wrapped around me. While listening to the rain, I found myself falling asleep because I was warm and the rain sang me to sleep. This story shows me that since it was raining and very cold it made my mood change from irritated to sleepy. It also showed me that the weather had affected my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment