Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Memoir

People often say “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” Describe a time when you misjudged someone based on his or her appearance or when someone misjudged you.
I remember this specific time where I had misjudged this one person that I had meet over the summer when I was taking this Locksmith class with my mother and sister. His name was JoeI but he went by Joe. The first time I had met him was on my first day in the class.
 I was highly furious with my mom because she had forced me to take the class even though I specifically told her that I did not want to go to that class. It had ruined my beautiful sleeping and eating patterns that I had planned for the summer. So, that day I had showed that I did not want to be there at all. When my mother had introduced me to some of her friends I just gave them an empty hello and I went back to whatever I was doing. When I met Joe my first thought was that he was big. He had long hair swept back into a pony tail and a mustache that was thick. To me, he looked very intimidating for some reason even though he gave me a friendly hello.
It was only after a couple days in class that I had noticed that Joe actually turned out to be filled with humor, care and kindness. He gave us money and he offered to share something from his lunch. We sat with him at lunch and he was one of the friendly faces that would be missed if he was not there. He even offered to help me and my sister with any problems that we had on the work (I ended up not needing help, but my sister sometimes did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment