Thursday, December 2, 2010

"Setting As The World"

The morning before school.
The bright blue walls,
The warm heat coming from the heater,
The smell of waffles and syrup in the air,
The sound of my sibilings chatter.

Iron my clothes in the dining room.
The ironing board is blue and is close to my face.
I feel so dizzy, why is that?
"Momma I don't feel good." I say,
Next thing I knew I see nothing.

Wake up to see I am in the living room.
The coach feels so cold despite the hot air,
It is dark, no light overhead,
I hear voices,
My mom called 911. I must of fainted.
"No!" I did not want to be a bother.

The sounds of cars outside,
Firefighters enter my house,
All I see is their yellow coats,
They filled into my living room,
It was the morning before school.

2 comments:

  1. you should add mor to the picture. like were the couch or dresser, counters ect are. that what he told us to do. but it looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked you poem, and how you explained everything that was going on.

    ReplyDelete